Oculoplastics in Kingston, Jamaica
We all need eye exams and consistent care for our eyes in order to stay in optimum health. Our ophthalmologist in Jamaica are qualified to perform a variety of services, including basic exams and eye surgeries. Before issuing any glasses, contacts, or other services, a comprehensive vision examination must occur. If you need additional care involving more detailed eye care, we may still be able to help. AB Vision Eyecare in Kingston, Jamaica, can meet both your basic needs as well as provide ophthalmologic care including oculoplastics.
Beyond Specializing in Ophthalmology
To become a specialist in oculoplastic procedures, one must study an additional two to three years in oculoplastic procedures. This is after four years of ophthalmology schooling. Specializing in this arena involves having an acute knowledge of aesthetics and plastics and intrinsically detailed ophthalmology microsurgical procedures. There are a variety of corrective and plastic surgery procedures that an oculoplastic specialist focuses on. They are qualified to do reconstructive, cosmetic, and essential procedures.
How an Orbital Oculoplastics Specialist Can Help
We focus on many areas of oculoplastics. Our practice does many procedures for our patients. Some of these include:
- Removing tumors surrounding the eyes and eyelid areas
- Eye region tumor biopsies
- Thyroid eye disease management and Graves’ disease
- Eyelid and eye replacement known as Orbital prosthesis
- Fracture repairs in the orbital region
- Ocular or eye prosthetics
- Skin cancer growth removal and diagnosis
- Tumor removal of tumors that grow on the eyelids like squamous cell carcinoma and basal cell carcinoma.
Cosmetic Procedures in Jamaica
Here in Kingston we not only to treat medical conditions, but perform cosmetic procedures as well. Facial and eye wrinkle treatments are both performed by an oculoplastic surgeon. Our specialists do extensive training in areas such as:
- Under eye bag correction
- Reinvigorating and tightening sagging eyelids from aging
- Facial and fat fillers and injections to diminish fine lines and wrinkles in the eye area and other areas of the face
- Correcting droopy eyebrows
- Lower lids that bulge
- Eye lifts, or Blepharoplasty procedures
Reconstructive Eye Surgeries
Sometimes, a patient requires surgery for injuries to the eyelids. Tear duct issues are also a common oculoplastic issue. There can be an obstruction or leakage to the area that an ophthalmologist can correct.
Visit Our Full Ophthalmology Center for All of Your Eye Care Needs
If you need any of the aforementioned services, contact AB Vision Eyecare in Kingston, Jamaica. We will evaluate your concerns and address them accordingly. Call our office at 876-980-3600 today to schedule an appointment to do an initial assessment.